Thursday, January 12, 2012

What is Love?

"What is Love?" A question that to me, is an answer within yourself. I feel as if to each person, love is different. I'll be honest, at 18 years old, I didn't believe in love. Actually, I didn't really believe in anything. I had given up. I met my boyfriend in May of 2011, and I didn't expect to fall in love. I didn't know what love was, and I guess to many adults these days, none of us "kids" know what love is. However, I now know how love feels. It ma y not feel the same to you, or anyone else, but it's my feeling. To me, love isn't about sex. It isn't about how much diamonds, jewelry, or flowers they bought me. It's about feeling. It's the way you feel when your with that special person. The way you never want to leave their presence, how you'd do anything and everything to help them. Love is getting the butterflies from the simplest touches, the smallest hugs, the sweet kisses. Love is caring. It is an amazing emotion to experience.Yet, love is a hard emotion to handle. Many people unfortunately experience love's bittersweet goodbyes. The ending of something that you had thought would last forever. Love isn't always being able to hold on, it's also knowing when you should let go. I think that love is something everyone feels. You can love each person in your life a different way. So in the end, I think the answer to the overused question "What is Love?" can only be found within yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment